Thursday, April 30, 2009

Some things just aren't funny

Hi All,
This has been quite the week, and it's only Monday. For once, humor eludes me. Can nothing be easy with Baron? I think this dog is on a "self-destruct" mission after his neutering. Baron, despite 6 visits to the vet last week (but who's counting?), was in terrible pain, even with painkillers etc. I brought him to our vet this morning, whose staff thankfully took him in 1/2 hour before their "official" opening time. He cried in pain during the entire drive to the office. Dr. Luke performed surgery this morning to remove the necrotic tissue, and inflammation, but some of the original inflammation remains. Please keep your fingers crossed that this works, as I know it was our best option.

I was up with Baron so many times in the last 2 nights that I forgot he is a poodle and not a child. I am in no rush to have him home, although I really miss him (even the jumping - don't quote me), because I want to make sure he heals. He managed to bypass 2 post-surgical collars and diapers (don't ask) to hurt himself (not intentionally).

Last week I actually slept in the kitchen one night, and it wasn't because I fell asleep cooking. I am seriously considering installing heated floors in the kitchen along with a Murphy bed (OK - a little humor). I'll keep you posted on his recovery, and so far so good. It was pointed out to me that I am now spending so much time in the kitchen, I might as well cook - nah, I don't think so.
Botswain

November 25, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment