Thursday, April 30, 2009

Home on the Range at Poodle Place

Hi All,
I am now home after a relaxing vacation in San Diego. It is but a distant memory. The big news is that while I was away eating at lovely restaurants (the definition of "lovely" is anything not cooked by me), Baron was busy at home - in the kitchen!

Earlier it was suggested to me since I spent so much time in the kitchen tending to a very sick dog that perhaps I should try cooking. The good news is I don't have to do so, because Baron has taken an interest in cooking (not to mention eating).

Yes, fellow poodle lovers, it is true - Baron is learning to cook!!! At first I thought he meant it as a surprise for me upon my return home - perhaps to thank me for all I went through when he was so ill; now I think he had a more devious motive.

Here is the scoop: Stephanie (beloved dog sitter) briefly left the kitchen and returned to find that Baron had managed to turn on the gas range. This really upsets me, not due to the obvious danger, but because I think he might be trying to duplicate my famous recipe for "Special Mommy Eggs"! For those who are unfamiliar with this, my kids thought "Special Mommy Eggs" were a delicacy until they reached the age of 18 and went off to college. Fortunately, the recipe can be adapted to "Special Wifey Eggs". Vance really enjoys them - he is just happy to receive a "home cooked" meal. I am sure Baron was trying to steal my recipe because when Stephanie returned to the kitchen, her reading glasses were broken. Baron may be smart, but he is not smart enough to know that "Special Mommy Eggs" doesn't require a recipe. It is a very creative dish, which is different each time I make it (thankfully, not often).

I know, you are probably thinking of the mess Baron made. You have nothing to worry about, because unlike most men, Baron tried to clean up after himself. He actually managed to turn on the garbage disposal. While he had very good intentions, the motor burned out, hence the disposal had to be replaced.

Well, that is the latest. So nice to be back home on the range! I know Baron joins me in wishing everyone a healthy, happy new year, filled with fun and laughter. I have to run now, as Baron's trainer will arrive soon. Actually, I am thinking of eliminating the trainer and giving him cooking lessons instead!

Love,
Botswain

January 9, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment