Thursday, April 30, 2009

Lessons Learned

Hi All,
We can all learn a lot from "person's best friend" - not just about our dogs but about our fellow humans. Today's lessons:

1) Men (especially Vance) could not handle babies (or puppies) if the human and/or canine race was in danger of imminent eradication. Here is the scenario:
After awakening at 6:15 Sunday morning to let an adorable puppy with a very small bladder and his big brother with an admirable bladder, outside, I made their breakfasts. Baron gets puppy food and Byron gets chicken and rice - home made - not by me, thankfully. I was absolutely exhausted, put Baron in his crate and went back to bed.

Vance awoke at the leisurely hour of 9 am. He said he would get Baron and I told him to let both dogs out. I took a shower, make-up - you know the drill. I came downstairs smelling like a non-canine, and feeling quite refreshed. I asked if Baron was "successful" outside, and was informed he "didn't want to go out." Funny, I don't recall that one asks a puppy if he wants to go out, because there are so many places he does want to go! Grudgingly, I took Baron out, and was surprised he didn't do more. Of course it all became apparent when I realized that Vance had neglected to close the door to the upstairs family room (where the large crate is) and Baron had no need to go outside!

Lesson learned - Husbands are almost as smart as puppies.

2) Sibling rivalry is very annoying, especially when the older one has a very deep and loud bark. As soon as I am finished with this e-mail I am going to the pet store to buy 2 identical toys. Whatever Baron plays with Byron wants, and if Baron takes the discarded toy, Byron wants that too. I did not know that having 2 dogs is like raising two quibbling siblings, except when they both gang up on the "parent", who, by the way, does not deserve it! Also, the older canine is quite the "tattletale" - I just wish he'd bark before Baron has an accident in the house.

Lesson learned - Sibling Rivalry is unrelated to age or species

All for now. I know you are all envious of the numerous opportunities I have to make the 50 yard dash to the door and the dog run, not to mention the "stabilization" exercises on the ice.

Oh yes, if anyone would like the name of Baron's breeder, I'd be delighted to share it.

Love from the Poodle Place,
Botswain and friends

February 24, 2008











--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment