Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Going to the Dogs

Here's the update for those who are wondering how things are going with the "pooches", or should I say "poodles"?

Yesterday was Baron's "well baby" check-up. I put him in the carrier in the car, and Byron jumped in the car. I didn't have the heart to leave him as it's hard for him to get in the car. Anyway, there I am at the vet's, and one dog, Byron, didn't have a collar on, although he did have a leash (worthless without a collar - for the non-dog connoisseur); the other dog, who shall remain nameless, vomited the entire way there. You can imagine the entrance we made.

Anyway, the vet kindly gave Baron a pill for motion-sickness (some new doggie drug); I don't think it had time to work, because I put Baron next to Byron on the back seat and he continued to vomit. Byron looked really disgusted, and I wasn't particularly enthralled with the "little guy" myself.

The vet recommended that I take both dogs to the groomer to have their ears plucked and the fur around their eyes trimmed. Since I already had Byron in the car (no easy feat), we went straight to the groomer's. I think they really like to make money off their clients, because the groomer actually recommended that Baron have a bath! :) I must agree, Baron smelled a heck of a lot better after the bath, and fortunately, he had nothing left to vomit. He resorted to severe drooling - which is rather unique, because, unlike bulldogs, poodles don't usually drool.

The entire ordeal took several hours, and you can use your imaginations as to how lovely I looked when I greeted my 1st patient, who, fortunately, was a little boy. My gray wool pants looked, well, never mind.

This must count as exercise because Byron, Baron and I all slept really well last night.

Love from our home to yours,
Botswain and the "boys"

PS
On a happy note, the vet couldn't believe how good Byron looked. He said that considering the grim diagnosis and prognosis, he looks amazingly perky. He did a blood test and still stands by the original diagnosis, but said his white blood cells and platelets are good, unfortunately the red blood cell count was extremely low. The vet said if Byron is still alive in a month he will consider treatment. Right now all we are doing is giving him steroids (and he's not even on a sports team).

February 20, 2008






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment