Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Robber Baron

Hi All,

I'm back to writing about poodles, because, here at Poodle Place we've had a major crisis. Baron is stealing. I really don't know what to do about it, as I have never before encountered a canine thief. Actually, I'm not sure that I've encountered a human one either.

For the 1st time ever (it will never happen again) I planted 2 tomato plants. I have been cheerfully watching the tomatoes mature, unlike a certain young immature poodle (name withheld by request). There were (emphasis on the word "were") 4 tomatoes which finally turned a deep red and were ready to be picked. Two of them disappeared! I couldn't imagine what happened to them and thought perhaps a wild animal (raccoon or coyote) got to them. Then a certain "wild animal" (as in untrained) was spotted with a luscious red tomato in his mouth. The mischievous mutt turned out to be - yep you guessed it - the Robber Baron.

Baron not only stole the tomatoes, but he hid a couple of them in the back yard! I just hate an organized thief. To make matters worse, this is not his only act of thievery. He just pounced on something behind the couch and it turns out he "stole" the swifter (for the uninformed, it's something you clean with) and hid it behind the couch! How will I ever keep up with the little Robber Baron?

Bravely yours,
Botswain

PS
By the way, Baron only takes the ripe intact tomatoes. Any tomatoes that have been attacked by bugs he leaves alone. Nothing like a picky thief.

1 comment:

  1. Get him some mozzarella to go with the tomatoes. I hope you notice that I am responding on the blog not by email.

    ReplyDelete