Monday, September 7, 2009

In the Swim revisited

Hi All,
Good news! One of my readers, Lois, wanted to help rehabilitate Lucy the horse. She offered Lucy the use of her beach - how nice is that? The only glitch is that there are 95 steps down to the lake. Lois must have spent a lot of time counting - perhaps while dragging a grumpy child up the above-mentioned steps. As you may recall, Lucy is lame and cannot possibly be expected to walk down 95 steps; actually I am not lame and don't think I want to walk down them either.

Dear readers, do not fear. Lois's husband is considerate enough to put in a funicular just for Lucy! This way she can be transported to the lake without putting undo stress on her sore foot. I then expressed concern the lake water might be too cold for Lucy, and suggested a wet suit (I assume Lucy would be an extra large). Lois is nice enough to consider heating the lake for Lucy's enjoyment and rehabilitation! I must have the most loyal and invested readers (or at least one loyal and invested reader).

The only problem with all of this is Baron's jealousy. He has been told by his agility trainer that he is out of shape (I kid you not), and would like to join Lucy at the lake. To my knowledge Baron has never gone swimming, but I am sure I could find a life vest for him. If not, perhaps Lois can, she seems to be quite resourceful. The good news is that Baron is able to walk down to the beach (hopefully without me - Lois can take him) and would not need the use of the funicular. He does, however, think it would be fun to ride in one. I think so too. I hope the funicular is big enough for all of us - including Lois. Perhaps Lois will serve tea (with lots of sugar cubes for you-know-who)and biscuits (duck or potato only)during our ride on the funicular!
Swimmingly yours,
Botswain

No comments:

Post a Comment