Saturday, September 19, 2009

Baron versus the Bunny

Hi All,

The title of today's post might be misleading. When I say "Baron versus the Bunny", I am not referring to Bunny the agility trainer but bunny the rabbit. In case you thought our Baron limits his vegetable intake to tomatoes, you are wrong. He also enjoys carrots; obviously he has been around agility trainers, horses, and rabbits too much.

The obedience trainer (have you noticed that Baron is not bereft of trainers?) suggested Baron have toys to play with in the back yard, besides the tomato plants. She suggested a "Jolly Ball" (used for horses also) and a kong stuffed with cooked carrots. Of course I obediently followed her directions (one of us should be obedient). I hid the kong under a flowering plant so Baron could "hunt" for it. Remember, poodles are hunters (see one of my previous blog entries). It appears there is a slight glitch to his hunting skills, because unless it is contraband, he is not interested! Anyway, a couple of days later I found the kong in the yard. I am just not sure who enjoyed the carrots! I am beginning to feel like a caterer!

All for now,
Botswain

No comments:

Post a Comment