Sunday, September 6, 2009

Definition of "Improvement"

Hi All,
I have good news! Baron's 5th (and hopefully last) trainer seems to be having a positive effect. Ok, so I'm saying "ick" a lot, rolling a can of pennies (I think of it as bowling practice) and spraying him with water (he is a water dog, after all), but it works! He behaves better when guests arrive at our home ("better" means he doesn't knock anyone down) and only stays in the laps of those who want him there (hard to believe, but there are people who actually want a 70 pound poodle in their lap).

Unfortunately, Baron's energy level continues to surpass mine, but he is younger than me. After 2 lovely walks (definition of "lovely": Baron saw 8 dogs, 3 squirrels and at least 10 birds, all while searching for the "perfect" tree to mark), throwing his ball up and down the stairs to tire him out, and allowing him to bring me his favorite toy (a soft squeaky pig) to throw - I needed a nap. Baron,in case you are curious, is just fine, and ready for a 3rd walk.

All for now, Baron beckons.
Best,
Botswain

No comments:

Post a Comment