Monday, August 17, 2009

A Training Glitch

Hi All,

Today I had my first visitor since Baron's training session last week. Ms. X (the trainer who wishes to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) and I (and, coincidentally, Baron) worked on Baron's behavior greeting people at our front door. I am to say "ick" if he rushes to the door. I did so, and it worked with Ms. X. Nonetheless, Baron happily (and enthusiastically) pounced on my guest, who, thankfully, is a poodle lover. He later tried to get in her lap. I am certain our newest dog trainer would not approve of this! Sigh, I guess I'll have to add it to the list of things to work on. How many volumes am I allowed?

With chuckles,
Botswain

PS
When Ms. X and I practiced Baron's greeting of visitors at our door (i.e. she left, I closed the door, she rang the door bell), Baron was remarkably calm, and his behavior was much improved. I wonder if this little glitch has anything to do with me? Does this mean I am not the "alpha" member of the pack?

No comments:

Post a Comment