Thursday, August 13, 2009

And the trainer is.....

Hi All,
Today was a big day here at Poodle Place. 1st. Baron and I had an exciting morning walking with my friend, Debbie, and her Jack Russel Terrier. It took Baron awhile to realize that no dog can befriend a Jack Russel, not even one as convincing as Baron, but, in true Baron style, he never gave up.

Later, Baron and I had a session with his newest (and hopefully last) trainer, Ms. X. I call her Ms. X because she doesn't want to be associated with the aforementioned poodle. Let's hope she will soon be proud to list Baron among her successes.

Unfortunately, Baron greeted his new trainer warmly, with his fiercest growl - it was ineffective. He couldn't believe it and kept growling just to make sure - nope - no response. Ms. X has a different way of dealing with dogs, and uses the word "ick" to discourage unwanted behavior (hey, maybe that's why she doesn't want her name mentioned). It's hard to believe, but you would have thought she said "dog catcher", although "dog trainer" seems to work just as well. So, poodle friends, if you hear me calmly (right!) saying "ick" to Baron, think nothing of it. It does not mean he is "icky" but that I am correcting him. I can hardly wait to hear what word I'll get to use next week!

Ms. X suggested a holistic vet for help with Baron's allergies and immune system. Has anyone had any luck with a holistic vet? If so, I'd love to hear about it.

Laughingly yours,
Botswain
PS
By the way, Ms. X is Baron's 5th trainer, but who's counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment