Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Flying Pigs

Hi All,

I am so looking forward to seeing our newest dog trainer tomorrow. Baron is, well, still Baron. Our beloved trainer, Ms. X (not her real name for obvious reasons), made some wonderful recommendations regarding Baron's behavior. She suggested that when he "playfully" growls (picture this - his butt is in the air) we give him a toy - which is preferable to his "playing" with other things, like Vance's watch, for example. I did that very thing tonight. I gave him his favorite squeaky toy; it's a small, soft, rubber pig. He was thrilled. I threw it, he retrieved it. This went on until he refused to let me have the pig. I said (and I am so proud of myself) "drop it." Baron actually dropped it!!! How great is that? Is he smart or what? Of course, I had to pick the pig up and throw it again. This was not as bad as it sounds, because it weighs considerably less than an actual pig. Unfortunately, this "game" went on for some time until one of us - or perhaps both of us - tired of it. I think we are making headway!

OOPS - I have to go, Baron is calling (well, barking). I guess we aren't trained as well as we'd like to be.

Playfully yours,
Botswain

No comments:

Post a Comment