Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dead duck

Hi Fellow Poodle Lovers!
I have a lot to talk about today. We had our training session with Ms. X; Baron settled down and did well. I am now walking him with a "gentle leader" and while he balked at 1st, it makes things much easier.

Tomorrow is a special exhibition of standard poodles hunting, hosted by the Milwaukee Poodle Club. It is in Waukesha, Wisconsin. I know you are wondering "where is Waukesha Wisconsin"? So am I. I'll let you know if I find it. I did call to determine if it's worth attending, and was told the morning trials (all I can attend - it is a 2 hour drive) are in the water; this involves the dogs only - not trainers in floaties. They have a bunch of dead ducks (I kid you not) that they throw in the water for the dogs to retrieve. Poodles are hunters and are water dogs. The ducks are already dead (or pre-killed) to avoid injury and pain for the ducks (figure that one out). It should be interesting. Poodles are coming from all over the USA and Canada.

More on this tomorrow.
It's ducky.
Botswain

PS
Baron is especially excited because he is on a duck and potato diet. I am hoping the poodles will give me the retrieved ducks and I can have Baron's allergist cook them!

No comments:

Post a Comment