Monday, August 10, 2009

Canine Cuisine

Hi all,
I am suffering an inferiority complex. I just saw the movie, Julie and Julia, and marveled not only at how cute her blog was, but how she (Julie) got so many followers! I have no clue how this all works, and neither did Julie, but she blogged about how she cooked (successfully) all of the recipes in Julia Child's cook book, and people loved reading about it. I did not read about it because anything pertaining to cooking is wasted on me, but I liked the concept.

There was, however, an important part of the movie that did pertain to me (no, it was not about the domestically-challenged). Julie followed Julia's instructions and learned how to split and cook a whole duck; she didn't have to catch the duck, she obviously purchased it after it was deceased. This recipe involved a very large, sharp knife. Why would this pertain to me, you may ask? BECAUSE THE AFOREMENTIONED DOG (that would be Baron)IS ON A DUCK AND POTATO DIET, AND HIS ALLERGIST THINKS IT WOULD BE GREAT IF I COOKED HIM DUCK!!! Perhaps Julie wouldn't mind doing that in her spare time, and she probably even knows how to dehydrate duck in a dehydrator - whatever that is!

Maybe if I added a few dog food recipes to my blog that would work? Let's face it, only Baron would eat a home-made meal made by me, which is why I refer to myself as a "meal facilitator." In fact, in one of my earlier blogs I commented on how Baron wanted to try his hand (oops - paw) at cooking. I thought he was trying to steal my recipe for "Special Mommy Eggs" but maybe he was trying to take over the stove! Anyway, I am still considering giving him cooking lessons, if he ever masters obedience.

So readers, do you think I should add some dog food recipes to my blog? They would be relatively simple. For example:
Recipe 1
Divine Duck and Potato Main Course for dogs
Ingredients:
Can of Duck and Potato dog food

Open can using electric can opener
Pour contents of can into bowl (sometimes it is stuck in the can which requires a knife to get it out of the can because you can't pour it).
Put bowl on floor for dog

Is this interesting? If so, wait until you read tomorrow's recipe!

Botswain

No comments:

Post a Comment