Monday, October 12, 2009

Coming to a Kitchen near You


Hi All,

Apparently Baron is continuing his culinary pursuits. Baron's trainer (#5 in case you forgot) suggested placing a basket in the kitchen for his toys. This way he'll know where they are, eliminating confusion such as Baron mistakenly (right) thinking my reading glasses and Vance's watch are his. Baron clearly understands the concept that his toys are in the basket. The part of the equation he has difficulty with is the definition of what is actually his.
Sunday we returned home from dinner and were exuberantly greeted by our partially behaved poodle. He was in excellent spirits having decided to replace dog obedience classes with cooking lessons (for a history see Home on the Range entry). How do I know he continues his interest in cooking, you might ask? Upon entering my kitchen I couldn't help but notice my Cuisinart in his "toy basket". I kid you not, the pernicious poodle stole my Cuisinart! Well, maybe he just borrowed it. Apparently Baron is not a fan of my cooking (neither is anyone else) and thinks he can do a better job - poodles can be arrogant.

I am convinced Baron is a canine version of my son. When he was in high school, by beloved human offspring brought my Cuisinart to school for his "demonstration speech." It has not been seen since. I actually tried to obtain the video of this speech, as it contained the last sighting of my cuisinart. Baron has a similar interest in the replacement.

Well, there you have it. Baron continues to express an interest in cooking, and while I do believe in supporting one's interests (even if "one" is a dog), enough is enough. I expected him to consider agility, rally or even hunting (without the gun). I guess he is interested in another part of the food chain - not the retrieval of the duck but the part that comes next - cooking it - or something. I just hope he doesn't try his paw at my specialty - "Special Mommy Eggs." It is a secret family recipe.
All for now,
Heatedly,
Botswain

No comments:

Post a Comment