Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tanya's Training continued



Hi All,
I had a lovely visit at the Assisted Living Facility with Jane (family friend) and Tanya (canine friend-in-need-of-training). The staff at the facility was almost as happy to see me as Jane was. They enthusiastically gave me Tanya's leash and directed me (and Jane) outside where Tanya was playing in an enclosed yard. She wasn't exactly playing, she was trying to get back inside.

In this picture, she had given up on re-entering the facility and was happily tossing her water bowl around.
In the last blog entry you saw a lovely picture of Tanya before I started working with her. Here is a picture of her after I worked with her.

Let me remind you that I am experienced in dog training. I worked with 6 trainers re: Baron (well really only 5 as the 1st one didn't count). I was able to get Tanya to come, sit and stay. Unfortunately when I was hiding in a corner prior to calling Tanya, Jane let her inside the Facility. She eagerly ran around (Tanya, not Jane), found the dining room (not difficult) and was happily eating table scraps when I entered the facility. I was told to demonstrate my training by asking Tanya to come. I asked very nicely, but she was busy.
All for now,
Botswain
PS
I referred to myself as an experienced dog trainer, I didn't say I was a successful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment