Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Secret Project


Hi All,

I know I promised part 2 of Baron's Special Day, in celebration of his graduation from Barklee's School for Barking Boys and Girls, but an emergency project has intervened. Not all dogs are as lucky as Baron was to be able to attend such an excellent prep school (note: in this regard, Baron doesn't consider himself lucky). I recently encountered one lovely bitch (and I mean that in the gentlest manner possible) who is not as fortunate as Baron.
This is a photo of Tanya, a lovely American Bulldog mix, who resides at an assisted living facility in our community. Tanya is 6 months old and was donated a month ago, after the last dog, a very old collie was put down.
"What does this have to do with Baron and me?" you might ask. Well, dear reader, Baron and I are advocates for dogs whose bark isn't strong enough to be heard. Unfortunately, Tanya, while adorable, as you can see, has had little training as no one is in charge of her. I found out about her when I went to visit a family friend, Jane, who lives in the facility. It was immediately apparent that Tanya, who was chained to the desk, is clueless about training basics, let alone etiquette. She didn't respond to her name, did not sit on command and, well, you get the picture. In her defense, she had just been spayed, and was chained to the desk to keep her quiet.
As my visit with Jane ended, vowed to return soon to help Tanya. The receptionist was very enthusiastic about my return visit, as everyone is clueless as to how to train Tanya. As you might recall, dear reader, Baron has had numerous trainers prior to Barklee's School for Barking Boys and Girls, and, I felt I had developed a particular expertise which might prove helpful to Tanya.
I will keep you updated.
Botswain
PS
Why is this a secret? Obviously Master, a major poodle fan (not a bulldog fan) would not approve. Tanya sheds!

No comments:

Post a Comment