Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Walk in the Woods

Hi All,
Yesterday Baron and I took a walk in the forest preserve with my friend, Debbie, and her dog, Rex. Before you read further, you should know that Rex is a Jack Russell Terrier - enough said. Well, maybe I should elaborate. Jack Russell's are known to most as the dog on the TV show Frasier. They are small and kind of cute, but are aggressive and curmudgeonly. Rex, in particular, detests other dogs, including Baron (I know this is hard to believe). Fortunately, Rex has a touch of dementia and once we have started walking together, he forgets his hatred (I had a mother-in-law like that).
On this particular walk, Baron received compliments from numerous passerbys. Rex (and Debbie) started to feel badly. This ended when 5 women on horseback approached. They too complimented Baron until he lunged at one of the horses. They rode off rather quickly, the compliment truncated. I didn't get to explain that Baron, who has no concept of size (his or anyone else's) just wanted to play. He thought the horse was a large mastiff.
All for now,
Botswain

No comments:

Post a Comment