Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dog Park Terror

Hi All,
Baron and I (well, actually just me) have been enjoying the new smaller dog park, until today. Baron was playing quite well with a lovely Burmese Mountain Dog. They were chasing each other, barking and then taking a "time out". Really cute. In the midst of this fun, a new dog (to us only), Vera, entered with her master. Vera is a rescue dog. Baron greeted her enthusiastically - a little too enthusiastically. Vera began growling and showing her teeth (never a good sign). Her owner told me Vera doesn't usually act like this and could hurt Baron. Needless to say, Baron and I made a calm,hasty exit - ok, I was screaming a little hysterically.

The discussion afterwards was about whether Vera and her owner should have left because she was aggressive. Also, my husband pointed out, we don't know whether she would have hurt Baron or whether he would have retaliated. Isn't that just like a man? I felt there is no reason to hang around to see what would happen.
What do you think?
Botswain

No comments:

Post a Comment