Thursday, February 11, 2010

Baron - Rude?????

Hi All,
I just returned from a relaxing vacation in Florida, while Baron attended Boot Camp. He was at his trainer's (Denise) home for an entire week, and I think it actually helped, although his report card was a little disappointing.

Denise thinks Baron is rude! Fellow poodle lovers, this is hard to believe. Denise doesn't appreciate it when Baron jumps on her after she has been away from him for a significant amount of time (10 minutes) he is expressing affectionn not rudeness. She also said that while Baron is not aggressive with other dogs, he does instigate disagreements amongst his peers. She considers his behavior "inappropriate"! Can you imagine that? Baron inappropriate? OK he does like to mount other dogs (males and females alike), but he repressed the fact that he is neutered. Denise suggested that he continue to visit the dog park, but only a small one, and only with one other dog in attendance. Perhaps Denise should tell that to Baron.

I must admit that Baron's behavior has improved. He doesn't jump on me upon my return, he doesn't try to push past me down the stairs, and he listens when I tell him to "wait." Unfortunately, he still sleeps on my bed at night, but he looks so cute in his pale green PJ's with the navy blue mailmen, I don't have the heart to send him away.
All for now,
Botswain
PS
Of course, he has only been home for one day. We have to see what day 2 is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment