Monday, December 7, 2009

Therapy Dog?

Hi All,
You won't believe our weekend. On Saturday I took Baron to the Dog Park where he tried to organize a gang rape of a lovely golden retriever. Unfortunately, Baron forgot that he is neutered (I just hate to remind him).

After running and playing with the other hooligans, we headed to the pet supply store for dog food. At the store were 2 women and one mellow golden retriever, were collecting money for a program in which children read to dogs. This is geared toward kids with reading and/or language issues. The women tried to enlist Baron as a therapy dog!!! I kid you not. I said I thought dogs had to do things like come when called, even if they don't feel like it. They said this is true, but only until they pass the therapy dog test (yes, dear reader there is a test for this). The dogs are never off leash when with the children. They also told me that some of the kids like an interactive dog like Baron (boy is he interactive). They fell in love with Baron and think I am selling him short. I agree he is adorable, but thankfully they have never seen Baron in action!

So dear readers, what do you think? Is Baron "therapy dog" material? I was going to get him a coat that says "Therapy dog in Training."
All for now,
Botswain

No comments:

Post a Comment