Thursday, December 17, 2009

Busy with friends

Hi All,
It is very cold here, now, and often it is too cold for the Dog Park, where Baron goes to let off steam. For the uninitiated, a dog park is a large fenced in area where the dogs can socialize (or not) and run around. It is great - it gets rid of a lot of energy. I always worry that Baron will not come when it is time to go home. Denise, Baron's trainer (his 5th in case you forgot) has reassured me that my beloved pooch will keep an eye on me. She said if he doesn't come when I'm ready to leave, I should walk away, and, if necessary get into the car and drive around the parking lot.

Of course, the dreaded day came when Baron was so busy playing with his friends that he didn't care if I had patients to see, errands to run or a major medical emergency. In addition to this, it was absolutely freezing! I followed Denise's instructions. I walked out the gate into the "holding pen" (like a small dog run forming the exit) and turned to look at my beloved pooch. Baron was so happy playing with his friends that he waved (think tail) good-bye! I could just hear him; "Bye Mom see you later." Someone had to help me catch him. The ingrate showed no remorse.
Chillingly yours,
Botswain

No comments:

Post a Comment