Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful

Hi All,
We have lots to be thankful for - mostly that we survived Thanksgiving! This entails quite a bit:
1) No one got ptomaine poisoning, and they seemed to actually like the food I prepared - well, I didn't prepare all of it; I facilitated all of it. I refer to myself as a "meal facilitator". I delegated responsibility; in fact, Baron made the jello mold - with just a little help. Julie and Julia need not worry about competition coming from Poodle Place.
2)Baron's behavior was remarkable - especially for him. His greeting of the guests was fine - only a little barking. He did jump on my daughter, but she had dressed carefully in battle fatigues, anticipating the poodle onslaught.
3)Baron did swipe a couple of cocktail franks. This was almost a crisis as Baron is allergic to wheat (in the cute little buns). Fortunately I was able to delicately open his mouth and remove the offending objects - to the horror of my guests (they got over it).
4)Baron was quiet during dinner. This was not because he was respectful of the Thanksgiving meal, but because his trainer (who is no dummy) gave him a special present. We saved it for Thanksgiving dinner; it is a HUGE pig knuckle bone, I think. Anyway, it was love at first sight, and while we ate, he gnawed on his bone. Also, one of our guests gave Baron a toy - he was so excited!
All for now, but we are proud of our poodle boy.
Botswain

1 comment:

  1. I considered bringing Baron a bone, but I wasn't 100% sure what he was allergic to. I will confirm; he was perfect, wish my dogs behaved as well. As for swiping a frank… well, that was just too tempting.

    ReplyDelete