Friday, January 16, 2009

Bedtime for Bonzo - oops Baron

Hi All,
Bedtime has become quite the issue here at Poodle Place. Well, bedtime itself is not the problem, as in going to bed - going to sleep is not even the problem. The problem is staying asleep when a 65 pound standard poodle is hogging my side of the bed!!! He starts out in the middle, with his head on the extra pillow. It looks promising - a good night sleep for all (especially me). Pretty soon, things deteriorate. Baron migrates to my side of the bed, and stays there. I am usually lucky to have his head and not his tail. I try to shove him over to my husband's side - doesn't work. I lift him up by his collar and gently move him over. This works - for about 3 seconds. Before I know it Baron is back - head on my pillow. Sometimes he is generous and lifts his head to allow me a tiny corner of the pillow.

I know what you're thinking. Doesn't this dog have a crate? Nope - he did, but my husband, Vance, used it to make a go-cart for the dog to race around in! (just kidding) Actually, Vance doesn't want the dog to be confined to a crate. I'd like to confine him to Vance's side of the bed!

Enough for now. I'm going to take a nap.
Botswain

No comments:

Post a Comment