Monday, December 2, 2013

Good News/Bad News

Hi All,
I have been taking the "boys" to a golf course to exercise them safely (or so I thought).  Always up to a challenge, they proved me wrong, but this time Baron was not the culprit.
It was 35 degrees out and they ran off cheerfully to chase geese.  They quickly left my field of vision.  Did they come when called?  Do I even have to ask???  We speaking of Baron!  He still comes when called if he is in the mood, and he wasn't!  Blake, on the other hand, does come when called.  He did not appear either.  I used my extra loud orange whistle, which usually (note use of word "usually) works.  I had a minor panic attack.  Could they have gotten hurt?  Could they have drowned in the pond?  Could they have run to the parking lot or a back yard? 
Here is the good news... while myself and daughter love to swim; apparently we are not the only family members who take to the water.  When the canine ingrates finally appeared Blake was soaking wet!  He was perfectly fine, just wet.  Baron was dry and regal.  Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) Baron is afraid of the water, but not Blake.  Cold weather, cold water - he is a survivor. 
Guess I will have company swimming this summer.
All for now,
Botswain

No comments:

Post a Comment