Monday, August 16, 2010

Not ready for Prime Time

Hi All,
Baron has 7 days left at Barklee's School for Barking Boys and Girls. When he was first accepted at the school, the Headmaster told us he would need 20 days with Baron. I chuckled to myself, thinking "Baron doesn't need that much schooling, the Headmaster just wants to make sure his school is filled." Unfortunately, I was, shall we say, overly optimistic?

Yesterday my cousin and her husband picked us up for dinner. They made the mistake of ringing the doorbell. I don't know why people insist on ringing our doorbell. Anyway, we had not properly prepared Baron for guests (i.e. put special collar on him, sit position on rug in front of door ). As soon as he heard the doorbell, Baron sprang (and I do mean "sprang") into action. He was waiting at the door alternating his barks with growls. Once he determined that my cousin was friend not foe, his behavior changed. He happily jumped up and down on the living room couch. Between jumps he raced around the room. We had to catch him before we could leave for dinner, making us late. My cousin would have been annoyed, but she was laughing too hard. At least we are entertaining.
I wonder who will get the demerits, Baron or us?
All for now,
Botswain

No comments:

Post a Comment