Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Prep School

Hi All,
Baron had an interview yesterday with Norman, the headmaster of a prep school we are considering. Norman asked (and I quote) "What is this dog's problem?" Of course, I thought he meant the dog had no problems and I was simply overly anxious. Unfortunately, he meant that the dog (that would be Baron) has problems - where to start?

Norman said Baron is (and, again I quote) "out of control." He was not impressed by Baron's warm greeting of my husband when he arrived at the prep school office (warm greeting = jumping on the love object i.e. my husband). Norman did have John, a large man who is his assistant, conduct a test for aggression. John knocked on the door and then entered the room, while making scary noises and threatening gestures. Baron observed him and obviously thought "what is this man's problem?" I guess it is a good thing that Baron didn't attack him. I do remember John saying about our last dog, Byron, "When I meet a new dog and he tries to bite me, I don't take it personally because I don't have a history with that dog." Look out John, you will soon have a history with Baron.

The good news is that Baron was accepted at Prep School; which is also the bad news. Baron will attend prep school until he graduates (should we all live so long). Stay tuned for updates.
All for now,
Botswain

No comments:

Post a Comment